Friday, April 29, 2011

Little birdie

Hey hoy! It's been such a boring day today. Rainy and cloudy and pretty cold too. I think I got spoiled by all the sun that we were getting in the past couple of days. Today was just one of those days when I wasn't really feeling like doing anything. I can be very lazy sometimes. *blush* BUT - you know there's always a "but" ;) - I did get behind my crafting table anyway and I made a corner bookmark. I made one of those before and I had fun with it, so I thought I'd make another one. :)



The great part of making this kind of bookmars is that you can use all those small pieces of papers that you got left with when you were making cards. This bookmark isa made only from left-overs.  The pink paper you see in the background is from Provo craft and the rest are just pieces from my stash. I did quite some stamping on this project - mostly I used the Faded text background stamp from Stampabilities. The lovely tag was cut from the greenish textured paper with my Spellbinders die (Fancy tags set - I LOVE this set), I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress ink and I stamped over it with Faded text background stamp from Stampabilities. The little birdie is a rubber stamp from All night media. I colored the birdie with Jolly and Faber Castell pencils. Feather is from my stash and so is the white thread (I inked parts of it with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy ink). I made the flower myself. It was SO easy to make. I got the idea for it on Lynn's blog (in this post). If you want to know how to make those, jut hop over to her blog. :) I used plain white paper (not a cardstock!) and stamped over it with Faded text background stamp and inked the edges a bit with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress inks. In the middle I put a gold brad from my stash.

I'd like to enter this bookmark to the following challenges:
Crop stop: Nightingale
Creative Friday: Open theme

I also found out that my "rainbow card" made it to top 2 at Crop stop blog. Yay! I'm so happy! :D I really didn't expect this! It was a very pleasant surprise! :)

So much for today. If you have any question about this bookmark just let me know. Hugs!

14 comments:

  1. I love it..my books would look so classy if I had one of these...awesome...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cebelica, this is amazing, love the fab techniques and cute lil' birdie. Well done on the top 2 hun :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this bookmark. Absolutely gorgeous! "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous, Cebelica! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! What a creative idea. Thanks for playing our CropStop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bookmark. The little birdie, the twine and the unexpected green feathers ! All fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love the bird on it & the feather.
    I must get round to making one of these.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning bookmark cebelica.i love the bird and gorgeous texture with the corrugated card and feather :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a stunning corner bookmark!! I love the unique design so beautifully put together!! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you around again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Cebelica this is gorgeous, what a pretty bookmark ... so beautifully decorated xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely bookmark! I just love the detailed layering & all that texture. Sure makes reading a book inviting! Thank you for joining us at Crop Stop this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bird challenge is "flying", and your project is lovely. Thanks for sharing this with us on Crop Stop-love-the corner bookmark worked very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, what a book mark!!! So pretty! It is the best one I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing girl!! I love all the work and detail you put into this....it's fabulous! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)